Monday 8 March 2010

Modeling a Lady.

When it came to modeling the statue of the lady of the lake, which is now replacing the mysterious and irrelevant tree at the centre of my fountain in the fortress. I already knew which method of modeling works well for me. Last term I created a gorilla model and tried all forms of modeling, nurbs, poly, CV curb tools etc. I find the easy way is block Modeling. Starting with a Cube and working my way from there. Instead of boring you with shots from the very start I'll take you a bit forward and show you what I've got so far for the lady on the lake.

He she is roughly shaped out. I only modeled half of her as I plan on mirroring the geometry. As you can see she has very basic limbs, one arm, half a head and one boob. She has no legs as she is wearing a dress.
I then mirrored the geometry and added some edge loops and played with the vertices. Giving her a more organic form.
Heres what the model looks like smoothed. As you can see there is still a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment